Saturday, January 26, 2008

More Cold

My view this morning.


It was a cold day in Nova Scotia yesterday.That may have been an understatement,the temps barely made it to -10° here on Hoptoad Hill.The only good thing was that it was sunny and there was very little wind.This morning it is still quite cold and we are in for another day of this and then we will be warming up with some precip on the way for Monday....looks like the usual snow changing to rain thing for here.I guess that means more ice to deal with next week.

As you can tell by the pictures that I post here,we have basically no snow accumulation to date.That's the way I like it but,since we are basically following the same track as last year,we may get our snow later.The biggest snow storm last year was on Easter Eve and that was a blizzard that left 30cms behind:

- Al C 2008


Conditions on Hoptoad Hill at publication time:

Temperature: -15°

Wind: calm

Sky: clear

Precip: none


Conditions from Environment Canada's local weather station in Western Head at publication time (my station pics):

Temperature: -10.4°C
Pressure / Tendency: 101.7 kPa falling
Humidity: 87 %
Wind Chill: -14
Dewpoint: -12.2°C
Wind: WNW 7 km/h


The Environment Canada forecast for our area:
Today..Sunny with cloudy periods. 30 percent chance of flurries early
this morning. Wind becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 early this morning then becoming northwest 20 late this morning. High minus 11.

Tonight..Clear. Low minus 19.Sunday..Sunny with cloudy periods. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 9. Cold wind chill minus 27.


Yesterday's official data from Environment Canada:

Temps: high: -7.6° low: -13.9° Precip: none


Weather links:

My 2007 blog on Weather Underground

Environment Canada

Intellicast


Local links:

The Liverpool Weather Cam

In Queens County Today

My biz


Other links/info:

My Location

My Power Point Presentation of this area(2006)




Thanks for reading my blog.I appreciate and welcome your comments.


No comments:

wx

Special weather statement in effect for: Queens County Potential storm over the Maritimes at anytime this Fall and Winter . A storm will lik...