Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Last Full Week Of July '08

Well,I had a little time to kill so I thought I'd send out a post.
The past week wasn't great but it could have been worse.Cristobal wasn't too bad here and actually delivered us some much needed rain.All is fine here now and the campfire ban has been lifted.The whole week was mostly cloudy but it was quite warm and today it's hot....34°C and humid with a little sun.
Yesterday was the best day of the week and I took advantage of it by clearing my calendar,going to the old homestead in the country and making a trip a mile or so in the woods to my Uncle's old log cabin.There's not much left th
ere anymore....the sands of time have taken their toll.He built it just after WW2 and used it up until about 20 years ago.Since then,it was nothing more than a stopping place for us when we were rabbit hunting.I haven't done that for about 10 years and this was my first trip there in many years.There's not much left of it now:

Anyways,it was a good walk and my 12 year old nephew enjoyed making the trip with me via his bicycle:

There's better weather on the way for the upcoming week....I guess.We're going back into the oven again and the rains/clouds are basically out of the area.

Watch our weather as it happens via our cam(s).Click here.
Note:The temps shown in the forecast block on the right are collected at the nearest local weather station located at Western Head which is very near the ocean.The temps there are quite different than here usually.


No comments:

wx

Special weather statement in effect for: Queens County Potential storm over the Maritimes at anytime this Fall and Winter . A storm will lik...