Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Saturday Evening Post.


KYLE was recently upgraded to a Cat 1 hurricane and continues to move NE and towards us.The current forecast has it being here late tomorrow night.Winds in excess of 100Km/h are predicted.It will be an interesting night here tomorrow.I am glad I removed some questionable tall trees from the property a week or so ago.Unfortunately,there are still a few that may not be able to withstand that much wind.
Two notes:
1.The boat I was fishing on the other day that I took the picture from that I posted here has been hauled out of the water and will be safe.Good thing,we lost a yacht that I used to sail on in Ma. when Hugo tore up the place some years ago.That one was left in the water in what was thought to be a safe harbor.There was nothing left of it but sticks.
2.My west cam has been repositioned to allow viewers to possibly see a couple of deer that have been frequenting the backyard.After the storm they should return and the best time to catch them is anytime after 6PM ADT.

Watch our weather as it happens via our cam(s).Click here.
Note: The temps shown in the forecast block in this blog are reported from the nearest local weather station located at Western Head which is very near the ocean. The temps there are quite different than here usually.

No comments:

wx

Special weather statement in effect for: Queens County Potential storm over the Maritimes at anytime this Fall and Winter . A storm will lik...