Friday, June 6, 2008

Note

Hey readers,
I will be away for a day or so.The next entry will be Sunday at the earliest.
I know it won't be easy but you'll be OK.
LOL
Later!!!

Cool and Damp

This morning's visual:

Cool and damp for most of yesterday and there was little change overnight.There's some blue sky but it is not expected to stay with us for long and drizzle and fog are in store for us for tonight.
Similar conditions are expected for tomorrow.
- ©Al C 2008

Watch our weather as it happens via our two cams.Click here.


Local conditions at publication time:
Observed at Hoptoad Hill (near Liverpool,NS):
Temperature: 8°C
Wind: light N
Sky: partly overcast
Precip: none


From Environment Canada
Reported from Environment Canada's local weather station in Western Head:
Temperature: 8.1°C
Pressure / Tendency: 102.2 kPa rising
Humidity: 88 %
Dewpoint: 6.2°C
Wind: N 10 km/h

The forecast for our area:

Today..Sunny with cloudy periods. Becoming cloudy this afternoon.

High 15 except 20 inland. UV index 8 or very high.
Tonight..Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers changing to 60 percent
chance of drizzle overnight. Fog patches overnight. Wind southwest 20
km/h. Low 9.
Saturday..A mix of sun and cloud. 60 percent chance of drizzle in the
morning. 60 percent chance of showers or drizzle in the evening. Fog
patches along the coast. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming south 20 in
the afternoon. High 16 except 25 inland.

Yesterday's official data from Environment Canada:

Temps: high: 11.2° low: 7.0° Precip: 0.7 mm



Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Weekend Weather Forecast Was Wrong...Again!!!

This morning's visual:
Well....it was mostly overcast here yesterday.There wasn't much rain and the temps hit the mid-twenties.It stayed mild through the evening with temps dropping overnight to about 12°.
It is still overcast here this morning and expected to be similar to yesterday.Clearing is expected later today and.....there is a FROST WARNING issued for inland areas for tonight??!!
Strange how the highs and lows are so far apart.
The weekend forecast has been changed....instead of 24 and sunny now it's 14 and rain.It's some hard to make weekend plans here earlier in the week when they change it like that.I guess those forecasters just don't have enough equipment to work with.
I find it amusing how,in the early days of TV,the forecasters used a blackboard as a visual aid,had no satellite data and were more accurate than they are today.Now it seems to be more about who looks better in front of the camera and who's clothes they are wearing than how right they are.One thing about it,it's a great job to have...you can make all the mistakes you want,make an excuse as to why you were wrong,no one says anything and you get to keep your job.
- ©Al C 2008
Watch our weather as it happens via our two cams.Click here.

Local conditions at publication time:
Observed at Hoptoad Hill (near Liverpool,NS):
Temperature: 12°C
Wind: light N
Sky: overcast
Precip: none

From Environment Canada
Reported from Environment Canada's local weather station in Western Head:
Temperature: 9.5°C
Pressure / Tendency: 101.6 kPa falling
Humidity: 98 %
Dewpoint: 9.1°C
Wind: N 11 km/h

The forecast for our area:
Today..A few showers ending near noon then a mix of sun and cloud.
Fog patches along the coast this morning. High 19 except 10 along the
coast. UV index 5 or moderate.
Tonight..Clearing early this evening. Low plus 5 with risk of frost.
Friday..Sunny. High 19 except 12 along the coast.

Yesterday's official data from Environment Canada:
Temps: high: 13.5° low: 5.9° Precip: 0 mm

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cooler Today

This morning's visual:It was another hot day here yesterday...hotter than Monday.Afternoon temps were near 30°.There was a nice breeze to help keep the bugs away and offer a little cooling.The evening was calm and the temp began to drop as some cloud cover began to move in.
This morning it is cool and overcast.Showers are possible today and the temp will be a little cooler than the past couple were.
The expected highs for the weekend have been lowered to more seasonal values.Lots of heat is on the way,though.New England is expecting temps at or above 30° for the weekend and into next week and some of that will most likely work it's way in here.
- ©Al C 2008
Watch our weather as it happens via our two cams.Click here.

Local conditions at publication time:
Observed at Hoptoad Hill (near Liverpool,NS):
Temperature: 11°C
Wind: calm
Sky: overcast
Precip: none

From Environment Canada
Reported from Environment Canada's local weather station in Western Head:
Temperature: 6.4°C
Pressure / Tendency: 101.5 kPa rising
Humidity: 98 %
Dewpoint: 6.0°C
Wind: SW 12 km/h

The forecast for our area:
Today..Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this morning. High
15 except 20 inland. UV index 3 or moderate.
Tonight..Overcast. Low 10.
Thursday..Cloudy with sunny periods. 30 percent chance of showers
early in the morning. Wind becoming east 20 km/h late in the morning.
High 20.

Yesterday's official data from Environment Canada:
Temps: high: 16.5° low: 6.4° Precip: 0 mm

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HOT!!

This morning's visual:Yesterday was a scorcher here.Afternoon temps were in the upper 20s,cooling down to slightly below 15 overnight.It was generally calm throughout the day and throughout the night.
This morning it is already back up to 15 and the temp is on the rise.We are expecting another hot day with temps once again into the upper 20s.It is expected to be a little cooler tomorrow,then warming back up and increasing by the weekend.Saturday's temp is expected to be July-like with a forecast high of 24.
- ©Al C 2008
Watch our weather as it happens via our two cams.Click here.

Local conditions at publication time:
Observed at Hoptoad Hill (near Liverpool,NS):
Temperature: 15°C
Wind: calm
Sky: clear
Precip: none

From Environment Canada
Reported from Environment Canada's local weather station in Western Head:
Temperature: 8.7°C
Pressure / Tendency: 101.1 kPa rising
Humidity: 96 %
Dewpoint: 8.0°C
Wind: WSW 9 km/h

The forecast for our area:
Today..Sunny. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 14 except 23
inland. UV index 7 or high.
Tonight..Cloudy periods. Fog patches developing near midnight. Low 9.
Wednesday..Cloudy. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. High 15.

Yesterday's official data from Environment Canada:
Temps: high: 23.2° low: 5.2° Precip: 0 mm

Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Is On The Way

This morning's visual:Yesterday was very warm here.Afternoon temps were in the mid-twenties with lots of sun.Temps stayed mild through the evening and the fog moved ashore overnight.
It's still a little foggy but beginning to lift.The forecast is for sunny and warm for the next day or so,a little rain mid-week and then back to sunshine and hot weather for the weekend.
- ©Al C 2008
Watch our weather as it happens via our two cams.Click here.

The 5 day:
Today
Day: Fog dissipating this morning then cloudy with sunny periods. High 19. UV index 6 or high.
Night: Cloudy periods. Fog patches developing this evening. Low 10.

Tuesday
Sunny with cloudy periods. Increasing cloudiness late in the day. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the morning. High 21.

Wednesday
Showers. Low 7. High 17.

Thursday
A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 9. High 18.

Friday
Sunny. Low 7. High 22.


Local conditions at publication time:
Observed at Hoptoad Hill (near Liverpool,NS):
Temperature: 12°C
Wind: light SW
Sky: clearing
Precip: none

From Environment Canada
Reported from Environment Canada's local weather station in Western Head:
Temperature: 6.0°C
Pressure / Tendency: 100.5 kPa rising
Humidity: 100 %
Dewpoint: 5.9°C
Wind: SSW 15 km/h

The forecast for our area:
Today..Fog dissipating this morning then cloudy with sunny periods.
High 19. UV index 6 or high.
Tonight..Cloudy periods. Fog patches developing this evening. Low 10.
Tuesday..Sunny with cloudy periods. Increasing cloudiness late in the
day. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming southwest
20 km/h in the morning. High 21.

Yesterday's official data from Environment Canada:
Temps: high: 9.6° low: 5.6° Precip: 2.6 mm

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday June 1,2008

Just a small entry this morning...I kind of slept in.

We had lots of rain last night.It's beginning to settle down some but is still cloudy.


All for now,back to regular posting tomorrow.