Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wow..almost forgot to do today's entry.
Yesterday was a mild and fairly sunny day.We had some clouds move into the area in the afternoon but all was clear in the evening.Temps stayed mild overnight and this morning we are getting a little rain.There is a large disturbance or two on the way here...more rain,possibly some snow and ice as well.Today and the upcoming week are going to be stormy.

The high on my thermometer yesterday was +8°C.
Currently(11:30AM):
+6°C
Overcast w/rain
Wind is moderate SW.

The forecast:
Today
Day: Periods of rain. Amount 5 mm. Fog patches dissipating near noon. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 20 early this afternoon. Temperature falling to plus 1 this afternoon.
Night: Periods of rain ending early this evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Clearing this evening. Risk of freezing rain early this evening. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 13.
Sunday
Cloudy. Periods of snow beginning in the afternoon changing to ice pellets then to freezing rain in the evening. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 cm. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h in the morning. High minus 5.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Yesterday was pretty decent here with mild temps and some sun.It clouded up in the late afternoon and there were a few light flurries through the evening.
All is clear here this morning and it is expected to be a nice day and then,starting tomorrow,we are in for some nasty weather.Snow,rain and freezing rain is expected to move into the area and persist into next week.There have been no watches or warnings issued as of yet.

The high on my thermometer yesterday was +6°C.
Currently(8AM):
-1°C
Clear
Calm

The forecast:
Today
Day: A mix of sun and cloud. Fog patches dissipating early this morning. Wind south 30 km/h. High plus 5. UV index 3 or moderate.
Night: Cloudy periods. Becoming cloudy near midnight with 40 percent chance of showers overnight. Fog patches developing overnight. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming south 40 gusting to 60 overnight. Temperature steady near plus 5.
Saturday
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of rain showers in the morning. Periods of rain beginning late in the morning changing to 60 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Rainfall amount 10 to 15 mm. Fog patches dissipating in the afternoon. Wind south 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming northwest 20 late in the day. High 7 with temperature falling to plus 2 in the afternoon.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I was away for a few days...just getting back to the blog.
The last few days have been good....there were a few flurries on Tuesday but yesterday was warm and sunny.Temps dropped overnight but mild weather is expected for the next couple of days.Stormy conditions are expected for Sunday and into Monday.
I hope to have a new Infrared(Night Vision) cam up and running on the weather site over the next day or so.

The high on my thermometer yesterday was +12°C.
Currently(7:30AM):
-6°C
Clear
Calm.

The forecast:
Today
Day: Sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h early this afternoon. High plus 2. UV index 3 or moderate.
Night: Cloudy periods. 30 percent chance of flurries this evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 2.
Friday
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming south 30 km/h in the morning. High plus 5.

Monday, February 23, 2009

We had a very nice day here for most of yesterday with temps reaching into the low double digits on the plus side.The storm that was forecast moved into the area in the late evening with some gusty winds and light rain.The rain continued through the night with amounts well below those issued in the weather warnings.
It's still a bit windy here this morning but the rain has ended.Once this disturbance is out of the way,the rest of the week is expected to be a mix of sun and cloud with seasonal temperatures.

The high on my thermometer yesterday was +12°C.
Currently(7:30AM):
+1°C
Overcast w/ light drizzle
Wind is brisk SW w/ strong gusts.

The forecast:
Wind warning in effect.
Today
Day: Rain showers or drizzle changing to flurries this morning. Rainfall amount 2 to 4 mm. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 increasing to 60 gusting to 80 except gusting to 100 along the coast this morning. Wind becoming west 40 gusting to 60 late this morning. Temperature falling to minus 2 this afternoon.
Night: Flurries. Amount 2 cm. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 5.
Tuesday
Cloudy with sunny periods and 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 1.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yesterday was pretty typical for this time of the year..some sun,some cloud,temps around freezing and windy.It would have been a really nice day had it not been for the wind.The skies remained generally clear through the evening and temps dropped to the -5°C range.
Currently we are under two weather warnings...one is for rainfall and the other for wind.
20 to 40mm of rain is expected tonight with wind gusts reaching 100km/h.

The high on my thermometer yesterday was +2°C.
Currently(8AM):
-7°C
Overcast
Wind is calm.

The forecast:
Rainfall warning in effect
Wind warning in effect.
Today
Day: Sunny with cloudy periods. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h early this afternoon. High plus 2. UV index 3 or moderate.
Night: Cloudy. Periods of snow mixed with ice pellets beginning early this evening changing to rain at times heavy this evening. Snow and ice pellet amount 2 cm except 10 cm inland and over higher terrain. Rainfall amount 30 to 40 mm. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50 increasing to 50 gusting to 80 near midnight then becoming southwest 40 gusting to 70 overnight. Temperature rising to plus 3 by morning.
Monday
Rain showers changing to flurries late in the morning. Snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind southwest 60 km/h gusting to 80 except gusting to 100 along the coast in the morning. Wind becoming southwest 40 gusting to 70 early in the afternoon then west 30 gusting to 50 in the evening. Temperature falling to zero in the afternoon.