Saturday, October 10, 2009

+12°C,overcast,light rain

 10/10/2009 6:55 AM Liverpool,NS

Yesterday was a nice Autumn day with temps in the mid teens Celcius.The day was a combination of clear and cloudy periods.Overnight some rain moved into the area and that will be with us for today and tomorrow.Clearing and cool on Thanksgiving Monday.

The 2 day forecast:

  • Today

Periods of rain ending this afternoon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Amount 10 mm.

Fog patches dissipating this afternoon. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 late this afternoon. High 14.

  • Tonight

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers this evening. Clearing overnight.

Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low plus 2.

  • Sunday

Sunny with cloudy periods. 60 percent chance of showers late in the day. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the morning.

Wind becoming southwest 20 gusting to 40 in the afternoon. High 11.

 

Friday, October 9, 2009

+8°C,partly clear,calm

 10/9/2009 7:10 AM Liverpool,NS

Posting early today,I have a full slate to contend with.

Yesterday was a cool and windy day here.The afternoon high was in the low teens Celcius.The wind died out in the evening and the sky was mostly clear.Overnight temps were in the single digits with reports of frost in inland areas.

Today is expected to be seasonable with some sun.Rain is expected tomorrow then clearing and cooler for Sunday and on Canadian Thanksgiving Day (Monday).

The 2 day forecast:

  • Today

Cloudy with sunny periods. Fog patches dissipating early this morning. High 14. UV index 3 or moderate.

  • Tonight

Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning before morning. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h before morning. Low 9.

  • Saturday

Periods of rain ending in the evening then clearing. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Fog patches in the morning and in the evening.

Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming east 20 late in the morning then northwest 30 gusting to 50 late in the day. High 16.

 

 

 

FYI:Today is International Alan Day. :-) 

 

 

Thursday, October 8, 2009

+10°C,overcast,wind is brisk NW

10/8/2009 7:59 AM Liverpool,NS

Yesterday was a wet and windy day here.The real heavy rain arrived in the evening and was torrential by times.Wind gusts were in the gale force range.The majority of the rain ended overnight but it is still very windy and will remain so for the day.

Some clearing is expected tomorrow and then it’s back to rain again for Saturday.Next week is looking like it will be dryer and seasonable.

The 2 day forecast:

  • Today

Showers ending early this afternoon then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers.

Amount 2 to 4 mm. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 80 diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 this afternoon. High 13.

  • Tonight

Cloudy periods. 40 percent chance of showers this evening. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low 7.

  • Friday

A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the evening. High 14.

Al C

Liverpool Weather Cam Webmaster

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

+8°C,overcast,calm

 10/7/2009 7:06 AM Liverpool,NS

Yesterday was a typical Autumn day with cool temps but mostly sunny.The afternoon high was in the mid teens.Overnight the temps dropped to the upper single digits.Currently it is beginning to cloud over and we are expecting lots of rain and gusty winds today.More rain again tomorrow and then clearing on Friday.

The 2 day forecast:

  • Today

Becoming cloudy this morning. Rain at times heavy beginning early this afternoon. Amount 5 to 10 mm.

Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. High 15.

  • Tonight

Rain at times heavy changing to showers near midnight. Amount 20 mm. Fog patches.

Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low 10.

  • Thursday

Showers ending in the afternoon then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Amount 5 mm.

Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High 13.

 

 

Al C

Liverpool Weather Cam Webmaster

 

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

+8°C,clear,calm

10/6/2009 8:10 AM Liverpool,NS

We had a perfect Fall day yesterday with lots of sun and temps in the low 20Cs.The evening was clear and cool with temp dropping into the single digits overnight.

We are expected to have a nice day today and then rain moves in tonight and stays with us until Friday.

The 2 day forecast:

  • Today

A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning.

High 16. UV index 3 or moderate.

  • Tonight

Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers this evening. Becoming clear overnight.

Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low 7.

  • Wednesday

Increasing cloudiness. Rain beginning in the afternoon. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Fog patches developing late in the day.

Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h near noon then increasing to 40 gusting to 70 late in the day. High 14.

 

Al C

Liverpool Weather Cam Webmaster

 

Monday, October 5, 2009

+14°C,light rain,calm

 10/5/2009 7:43 AM Liverpool NS

We had lots of rain yesterday with more to come today.Temps have been very mild and have been holding in the mid teens during the day with little to no change overnight.If the forecast holds we won’t be seeing the sun until Friday this week.

The 2 day forecast:

  • Today

Showers ending this morning then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers.

Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 14.

  • Tonight

Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Wind southwest 20 km/h. Low 10.

  • Tuesday

Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 14.

 

Al C

Liverpool Weather Cam Webmaster

 

Sunday, October 4, 2009

+14°C,overcast,light rain,wind is brisk Easterly

 10/4/2009 7:33 AM Liverpool,NS

Yesterday was a perfect Autumn day here with temps in the upper teens,calm winds and lots of sunshine.The evening was mild as clouds began to move in ahead of a disturbance.

We are expecting a fain amount of rain today and tonight along with gusty winds.

A mostly unsettled week is in store for us with not a lot of sunshine in the forecast.

The forecast for the upcoming week:

  • Today

Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this morning. Rain beginning near noon.

Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h this morning. High 17.

  • Tonight

Rain at times heavy. Amount 15 to 25 mm. Fog patches developing overnight.

Wind east 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 13.

  • Monday

Cloudy with sunny periods. 60 percent chance of showers in the morning. 40 percent chance of showers in the evening.

Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the morning then light in the evening. High 16.

  • Tuesday

Cloudy. Low 9. High 13.

  • Wednesday

Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 9. High 16.

  • Thursday

Cloudy. Low 7. High 12.

  • Friday

Cloudy. Low 7. High 12.

  • Saturday

Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 8. High 12.

 

--Al C

Liverpool Weather Cam Webmaster